Eating Meat Damages the Environment?

I don't like eating animals much. I keep it a minimum to the days that I am forced to eat some fish from my mom (I am only 14). But it shocked me to know that meat eating is bad for the environment, too. This is one of the things that I just learned due to this wierd article that my dad left me.

I was writing an article for Associated Content when my dad came home for his lunch break with this weird poster. It was like those Pizza Hut ads but without any pizzas. I started to read it and found it pretty interesting. It was from one of the Asian TV stations that focused on a good planet. Though it was an ad from a TV station, it had some true facts on it.

There are apparently a lot of ways to save the environment. One of which was to stop eating meat. I decided to check out their website to find out more.

Apparently, it's true, or at least the UN says it's supposed to be true. The amount of energy put into feeding the animals, caring for the animals, processing their meaty flesh that americans love does a lot of harm. For one thing, forests are being cut down in order to make room for the farms and grazing space for the animals. It also takes up a lot more resources to make the animals big, fat and meaty. That leaves a lot less food for us humans.

Eating meat also produces a lot of CO2 in the atmosphere. For every pound of beef, there is about three hours worth of gas emmisions from a car. That is a lot of energy worth of money.

0 comments:

Post a Comment